March 25, 2020
Please download our application and attach with your resume.
March 25, 2019
The Market is a small gourmet food and bakeshop that prides itself in offering high quality food and exceptional service to our guests.
The counter position is the face of The Market’s customer service so we are seeking an enthusiastic, organized & hard working individual who loves delivering great hospitality.
Smile and be attentive to your surrounding at all times.
Greet and serve guests, handle phone orders and package to-go orders.
Maintain the cleanliness of the counter, tables and entire service area.
Prepare and set up the necessary stock daily for the display counter and restock accordingly.
Maintain a knowledge of our menu to a degree that allows you to answer all product questions from our guests.
Must have a “can do” work ethic and the ability to handle a fast paced work environment.
Passionate about food, cooking and delivering great hospitality.
Able to maintain regular and punctual attendance consistent with your work schedule.
Assist with catering orders.
Must be available weekends and approximately 30 – 40 hours per week.
Must have a reliable form of transportation to and from work.
Should have an outgoing personality and be a “people person”.
We are located on Route 9w in Palisades, NY. To get a better feel for who we are and how our guests feel about us please visit our yelp page
Please send a cover letter along with your resume to info@The9Wmarket.com
Restaurant and catering event menu production and service
Ensuring food products, prepared items and plate presentation consistently meet the standards and expectations of the Chef
1. Restaurant and catering event menu production and service
2. Ensuring food products, prepared items and plate presentation consistently meet the standards and expectations of the Chef.
3. Daily cleaning tasks
4. Have schedule flexibility
5. Inventory responsibilities
6. Compliance with company policies and procedures
Competencies will include:
1. Professionalism: respectful, cooperative, and able to accept responsibility for one’s actions
2. Dependability: punctual and reliable, follow’s instruction, demonstrates commitment to fulfilling tasks and ensuring quality
3. Interpersonal skills: Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others as well as a willingness to assist all coworkers as needed
Qualified candidates will demonstrate necessary competencies, the ability to perform all duties consistently, and must have a minimum of 1-year experience in food production in a from-scratch kitchen.